What Is It?
Leadership Coaching is an ongoing, one-on-one relationship that helps you:
- Fine tune your development and performance,
- Clarify your unique value and strengths,
- Become a more effective leader,
- Create highly functioning relationships, and
- Expand your understanding of organizational power, influence, and change.
It is recommended that formal assessments including, where appropriate, feedback interviews are used for information gathering (facts and perceptions) at the beginning of every engagement. See Feedback and Assessments.
What Is Explored?
The subject matter can be anything and in my practice has been.
Typical discussion points include:
- Knowing oneself, strengths, weaknesses, blind spots, belief systems, self-management particularly when under stress or with disagreement
- Development planning
- Identifying and where appropriate changing other people’s perceptions of you
- Career strategy (personal branding, creating a network and powerbase)
- Accelerating and elevating your contribution in a new role
- Impact, influence, and relationships
- Elevating your strategic impact: conversations about strategy, change, culture, etc. (For more information, see System Excellence)
- Focusing yourself and the your organization on doing the most important things and both proactively and intelligently responding to what needs to be let go of
- Building and executing a tactical plan to get you from where you are to where you want to go
- Simply having a smart, experienced, unbiased, straight up, bold and kind thinking partner to safely explore what’s on your mind and what you want to do about it
- Competing for more senior appointments (a specific role or a more senior title such as Managing Director)
- High Potential leaders as one part of a comprehensive one year development program
- Course participants (to experience what coaching really looks and feels like and to embed new behaviours)
- Leadership Masterminds (See Group Coaching)
- Short Term Assignments such as Leadership Assessments and Development Planning (See Feedback and Assessments)
- One Day ‘You Inc.’ Leadership Strategic Planning Retreat
For more information, Contact Us.
|“I should take the opportunity to let you know that your coaching continues to have a positive effect on my life, and helps shape my behaviours in a positive manner. One of the things that I think about often is how you encouraged me to consider that instead of addressing my opportunities, I should focus on building my natural strengths to make them in super strengths. It’s a concept I often consider about myself and a concept I share with others to help them frame themselves in a better, more productive light.”
Major Canadian Bank
| “Human capability will be the critical variable in the new century.”
Immunity to Change by Robert Kegan and Lisa Laskow Lahey“The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.”
Kenneth Blanchard, writer